We strongly encourage everyone to use the most fossil free way possible to get to the Break Free actions.
Here are some ideas for getting there and away:
- Click here to self-organize/participate in a carpool or group bike ride to the May 12 or May 14 actions! Find others travelling from your area and contact them to travel together.
- May 12: BLM Keep It In The Ground Action in Lakewood:
- May 14th: Frontline Fracking Defense Action in Thornton:
- The Denver “Greet the Dawn” Bus will pick up passengers at 5am from Safeway grocery store attached to the Cherry Creek Mall (3110 E. 1st Ave, 80206). Then more passengers will be picked up at 5:15am – from the parking lot at 21st & California St. The bus to Denver return time is undecided. Free. Seating limited. Sign up here.
- The Boulder “Greet the Dawn” Bus will leave at 5:15am – Meet in front of the Lush Cosmetics store – 1312 Pearl St. The bus back to Boulder will return at 1pm (or you can easily take RTD bus back whenever). Sign up here.
- More passengers will be picked up at 1pm from Boulder – Meet in front of the Lush Cosmetics store. Free Boulder bus is thanks to Lush Handmade Cosmetics! Seating limited. Sign up here.
- Carpool and park at the Wagon Road Park-n-Ride – 600 W 120th Ave, Westminster, CO 80003. (It has 1,540 Parking spaces and 20 Bike lockers).
- There will be shuttles throughout the day to transport you from Wagon Road Park-n-Ride to the action site.
- Vehicles with license plates registered to an address within the RTD district may park up to 24 hours at no charge. Fees apply after the first 24-hours. Vehicles with license plates registered to an address outside the RTD district will be subject to a fee every 24-hour period. See parking at Park-n-Rides for details and use the license plate lookup tool to determine if a license plate is registered in-District or out-of-District.
- Use public transportation – use RTD trip planner. There are 4 available bus routes to/from Wagon Rd. Park-n-Ride on Saturday:
- Route 8: North Broadway / Huron – The first route leaves 13th – Welton at 6:06 am and arrives at Wagon Rd. Park-n-Ride at 6:55 am. The last route leaves Wagon Rd. Park-n-Ride at 6:57pm.
- Route 12: Downing / N Washington – The first route leaves Englewood Station – Gate D at 5:40 am and arrives at Wagon Rd. Park-n-Ride at 7:11am. The last route leaves Wagon Rd. Park-n-Ride at 11:02pm.
- Route 120X: Wagon Road / Thornton Express – The first route leaves Union Station at 10:48am and arrives at Wagon Rd. Park-n-Ride at 11:08am. The last route leaves Wagon Rd. Park-n-Ride at 10:50pm.
- Route AA: Wagon Road / DIA – The first route leaves Denver Airport Station – Gate 10 at 5:20am and arrives at Wagon Rd. Park-n-Ride at 5:55am. The last route leaves Wagon Rd. Park-n-Ride at 10:01pm.
- Bus routes that are unavailable to Wagon Rd. Park-n-Ride on Saturday:
- Route 120: 120th Avenue / Brighton
- Route 122X: Wagon Road / Civic Center Express
- Route 128: Broomfield / Wagon Road
If you live in the Thornton area, it may be easiest to walk or bike! We will post the exact action location on the morning of May 14th, so check back!